KSJD Wiffle Ball Tournament!
When: Saturday, August 27th, 2011
Time: Games start at 10:30am; registration is at 10:15am
Where: Parque de Vida
Why: to support KSJD and have fun!
Teams: 5-7 players per team
50$ per team (due the day of the tournament)
All teams must sign up by Friday, August 19th.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st place team.
For more information or to sign up your team,
Please contact Evan White (606) 923-2193 or
Lisa Mueller (606) 923-2597, firstname.lastname@example.org
KSJD Wiffle Ball Tournament Rules
1. 5-7 players per team, all must bat, only five in the field, catcher is optional.
2. 5 inning games.
3. No walks.
4. There is no rule on the legality of pitches. However, there is an unwritten rule that "bloop" pitches and fastballs challenge the integrity of the game.
5. A runner struck by the ball, whether hit or thrown at them, will be out if they are not standing on a base.
6. No lead offs or stolen bases.
7. No bunting.
8. Mercy Rule. If a team is losing by 15 runs or more at the end of 3rd inning on forfeits the game. For the finals Karate Kid rules apply, "No Mercy"
9. Sliding is not allowed, ducking out of the way of the ball is acceptable. However, if you slide into a base you will be called out.
10. If the two teams playing each have six players (or more), the catcher may be used. If a catcher is used, it must be used by both teams. In this case, the catcher acts as a real catcher would (i.e. can catch pop ups, foul tips, etc.). All "pop ups" (defined as a ball that is tipped and is popped up higher than the batter's head) can be caught for outs.
11. If one team has only five players, one member of the offensive team acts as catcher in terms of returning the ball to the pitcher only. This applies to both teams.