KSJD is gathering updated information for you on the Covid-19 pandemic. This page will be regularly updated with headlines, resources, and announcements related to closures and changes at community events and spaces.
Do you have a news tip you'd like to share anonymously? Email email@example.com with any information that should be included here.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Click on the state, tribe, or organization below for information on region-specific vaccine distribution and who to contact for registration and questions:
Upcoming Free Community Coronavirus Testing
Southwest Health System in Cortez:
- Location: Southwest Health System's Hosptial Lab
- Hours: 11am-3pm Monday-Friday
- No appointment needed
- Asymptomatic? Enter through main hospital lobby and advise the purpose for your visit.
- Symptomatic? Park in Lab Designated Space(s) at ER entrance, then call 970-565-6666 and you will be tested in your vehicle
- Click here for more information
- Four Corners Mutual Aid Effort is organizing requests and donations for food, supplies and financial support
- The Montezuma Food Coalition has a list of food assistance resources, including information for seniors
- First United Methodist (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays) and St. Barnabas (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays) in Cortez are offering free lunches on alternating days for all ages
Business and Job Resources
- The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment has collected state resources for employees and employers, like unemployment benefits and emergency sick leave
- The Colorado Small Business Development Center has application assistance for seeking SBA loans, including free webinars to ask questions
- If you've lost your job because of the coronavirus and its economic impacts, NPR's Life Kit series has tips on navigating unemployment, loan payments and more
- The Cortez Area Chamber of Commerce has local resources on business help, including a Facebook group for discussion and county information
- Colorado Public Radio has compiled a list of resources for musicians
*Note: The City of Cortez, the Cortez Public Library and Southwest Health System are underwriters of KSJD.